Sunday, June 17, 2012

You are Invited- "What's in a Name" Blog Hop

 Update (7/1): Thanks to all who RSVP'g for my Blog Hop/Birthday party! Unfortunately there is only enough cake and ice cream for a small group so I had to limit my guest list. But don't be sad, there is always my next party! Be sure to come peek in on us on July 17th!

Come join my very first Blog Hop!

As we visit our favorite bloggers and artist online we come across some really "creative"  names - ever wonder why they chose THAT name? And why that color scheme, background and logo?

I am naturally inquisitive (okay, I'm nosey as heck!), so I went ahead and asked a few of them and found there were some really interesting stories to be told! Some stories were funny, some heartwarming, but all the responses have helped me to learn so much more about the artist and what makes their creativity flow. I decided this might be a good opportunity for a Blog Hop.

I'm calling it the "What's in a Name" Blog Hop.

Here's what I'm looking for  - the story behind your business or blog name, why you chose your font, color palette and logo. How did it all evolve?  Schools out so there will be NO grading on your writing skills, just want to learn more about my online friends - and that's what you are to me, friends!



The Blog Hop will take place on July 17, which JUST happens to be MY birthday!  BUT, instead of me getting a present, I will be awarding a present* to one lucky and randomly chosen participant!                     

 So, please plan on coming to my party on July 17th!

  ~ Shelley

                                                                                                                          * worth $25.00



9 comments:

courses in social media said...

nice post

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

Love this idea! I already wrote my blog hop post, and I'll share the "What's in A Name Hop" with the Jewel School community. Here's my post: http://toltecjewels.blogspot.com/2012/06/whats-in-name-blog-hop.html

Unknown said...

Ahh thanks for the birthday wishes! I am still reading through your site and facebook pages. In your story I especially love the part about you calling yourself GemFairy! I loved your story and really want to make sure everyone sees it. Can you make sure to repost or place the blog hop links on your blog again on July 17th when everyone will be looking for it? Looking forward to your future posts as I follow you around!

Unknown said...

I just signed up....I'll get my sister to sign up tooooo. This is perfect for her. Thanks Shelly!!

Unknown said...

Glad you're on board. Can't wait to hear your stories.

Don't know about you but I have so much trouble when I have to write about myself, like my profile page for instance! So hoping this challenge will help me get over my fear of writing about myself. Thanks for joining up!

Unknown said...

My business name is not that unusual or distinctive, but there is a story behind it, and will be telling you and the world on 7/17. Pre-Happy Birthday(it's also my brother's).

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us...and thanks for the b-day wishes! AND guess what I received in the mail today? That right - the earrings you made!! Love em, so sweet of you to include the little bonus gift.

Spun Sugar Beadworks said...

I would love to join this blog hop. I know it's probably too late, but if you could squeeze one more party goer in, I'd love it! :)

Unknown said...

Okay Okay...I can't very well slam the door in your face now can I? Especially when I am trying to renounce my Yankee ways and become a nicer, gentler Virginian!(I'm from NY but not renouncing the baseball team, just my northern ATTITUUUDDE)

So check your frickin' email (oops that slipped!) I meanT, please take a gander at your electronic mail account whenever you happen to get a chance, would you dear? I'd so appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...