Thursday, February 2, 2017

Paintings # 14, #15 and #16: "Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days" Challenge


I am taking part in Leslie Saeta’s “ Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days Challenge”.

I have chosen the NEW YORK SCHOOL as my theme. I am working on paintings based on a quote of one of its member artists, not their technique.  CLICK HERE to learn more about it.

I've gotten a bit behind in my sharing so I am doing a few together:

Painting #14, "Survivor of the Finish":


"To me art is an adventure into an unknown world,
which can be explored only by those willing to take the risk. "   
                              - Mark Rothko





Painting #15,"Unfettered":


"Painting, like passion, is a living voice, which, when I hear it,
I must let it speak, unfettered." 
                      - Barnett Newman





Paint #16, "Filled Space":


"The artist fills space with an attitude.
The attitude never comes from himself alone. "
               - Willem de Kooning  

    



These pieces are available for purchase in my Etsy shop - SGTurner Art 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...